Our 2nd annual Women in STEM Symposium this upcoming Saturday, April 6, 2019, 8AM-5PM at Turner Auditorium and Concourse at the JHU East Baltimore Campus! Here are important links and information for the day of the event:
Click here for information on Getting to the Symposium (including map to venue, transportation and parking information). A couple important notes:
- Non-JHU affiliates must enter through the security booth and obtain a wristband to enter Turner Concourse (bring an ID).
- We are a family-friendly event (a small play area will be provided)!
The event schedule can be found below.
- Registration begins at 8:00 AM; we encourage you to arrive early, especially if you are presenting a poster to collect the needed items for setup.
- Food and drink will be provided throughout the day, including breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Coffee and snacks will be provided by ChemDNA and Starbucks. For lunch, we will have delicious Indian food catered by Dil’s Kitchen (meat, vegetarian/vegan, and gluten-free options available).
- The JHU Career Center and Professional Development and Career Office will be conducting 10 minute Resume Reviews between 1:30-4:30 PM – bring your resume, and sign up in advance to claim a spot!
Schedule of Events8:00-8:45 AM Registration, Poster Setup, Breakfast8:45-9:00 AM Welcoming Remarks9:00-10:30 AM Session I – Stand Up: How and When to Speak Up10:30-11:00 AM Break11:00 AM-12:30 PM Session II – Step Out: Unconventional Careers in STEM12:30-1:30 PM Lunch1:30-4:30 PM Poster Session, Breakout Sessions, Career Tables4:30-5:00 PM Closing Keynote and Poster Awards
Any additional updates before the event can be found here, on our website. Find us on Facebook, or tag us on Twitter (@JHUWOW) using #WomenInSTEMSymposium. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions (Email firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to seeing you on Saturday!